Tuesday, August 28, 2012

post LASIK

i haven't been posting since my LASIK last Aug. 17. not because i'm resting my eyes. in fact, 2 days before my operation, i was already revising a screenplay. and the next day after my LASIK, i was already crafting with my mom. i've been missing from blogosphere because i'm enjoying my new eyes so much!

i decided on it like i always decide on things: impulsively.  i inquired about the LASIK through their FB account last Aug. 15. it was Dra. Alnette Tan who answered my queries. she also sent me info about their promo discount of 20% until end of Aug. so the next day, i was already at their Greenbelt branch for check up. and the next day, i was scheduled for surgery.

i won't go into specifics about the surgery. you can read here to know more about the process. i'll just post this picture below taken by Erik while i was in the operating room. yes, the people waiting outside can watch as your eyes are being operated on.


they gave me a DVD of the whole operation but it may be too much to be posted here :)

it was uncomfortable as they clamped my eyes so they would stay open during the 15minute-surgery (or less). and i could still feel as the doctor poked some instruments in my eyes. i could also smell when they lasered my right eye so i held my breath when they did my left. 

after the operation, someone has to be there to accompany you as you won't be able to go home by yourself. erik was there to guide me. i was barely out of the door when the anesthesia wore off and my eyes started to tear up uncontrollably. it felt sandy as if i had several puwing. 

when i got home, i took one Advil then slept it off like the doctor advised me to do. my surgery finished around 130pm. i got home before 2pm. when i woke up at 5, there was no pain anymore. my eyes were a little sensitive to light but they adjusted fast. by 5:30, i was already watching TV!

and singing this in my head:


this is not johnny cash but johnny NASH!

in my case, i didn't find it hard to adjust as i  used to wear contact lenses before. the feeling now is like i'm wearing contacts without having to remove them. my eyes are as dry and i have to constantly put artificial tears but it's so worth it!

now all i have to do is not abuse my eyes so i wouldn't have to go under the knife again. it was the first time, and hopefully the last time i will lie down on an operating table. 

if you're thinking of getting a LASIK, inquire through American Eye Center's FB page. my doctor is the 4th lady from the left. she's great! very nice and most of all, her hands were steady :)

the surgery costs P89,000 to be exact inclusive of all post-surgery check ups and even operations just in case your grade comes back. sulit! they even have payment schemes through major credit cards so you can pay via installment if you want to. it's very convenient.  

i actually don't know why it took me this long to get one. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Great story! I am planning on getting Laser Vision Correction by the end of the year and I love reading people's lasik stories! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read several blogs too before i decided on getting one. it's worth it. good luck!

    ReplyDelete