Friday, October 28, 2011

on condos

i had an annoying news about my ex-condo unit more than a week ago. they were asking me to pay the association dues which would cover june-september of last year. at first i asked for a discount then after less than an hour i realized, it was wrong for them to do that. it's just below 10k but it was a matter of principle. so, i sent them the letter below.

---


Dear Sir/Madam:

This is not a very good day for me.

It’s been a year since I turned over my condo unit (I don’t remember the unit number anymore) in El Jardin 2 to the new owner but it still haunts me up to now!

My former agent called me up to inform me that I have to pay the association dues from the time I accepted my unit up to the time I turned it over to the new owner which was in September of last year. 

I understand why the new owner wouldn’t want to shoulder the months before October, which should really be her starting month anyway.  But as far as I know I have settled everything then. Despite my investment losses in that condo unit, I happily moved on with my life.

But after a year, I will be told once again that there are still bills to pay in connection to this condo unit.  Is this right? What if I migrated somewhere or died after a year, how would you expect me to settle this? 

If I were a bad person, I would just ignore the calls of my agent and pretend that I died but I am not going to do that. What I’m going to do is to appeal to your better judgment to do what is right. I believe I have paid more than enough interest to Megaworld that it wouldn’t affect your income if you deduct these long overdue fees from that.  


Sincerely, 
Me

---

so my agent called this morning to inform me that they already waived my fees. good! hindi ko na kailangang magpakulong. 

these condo companies will really milk you dry as long as they can get away with it. 

if you're going to buy a condo, my advice is to make sure you have lots of money! have them explain all the fees associated with it before and after turn over so you won't get surprised when they bill you for something. they even wanted me to pay for the water usage even if i didn't get to use my condo ever! (my agent intervened for that) 

i'm never going to buy another condo period. it's not worth it. 


2 comments:

  1. ayos talaga ang pambungad na linya hehe :-) magaya nga para sa boss ko LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. go!
    maggu-good day sana ko pero hindi ko na kinaya talaga!

    ReplyDelete